What is Content Controls?
Content controls provide a way to design documents and templates that have these features:
- A user interface (UI) that has controlled input like a form.
- Restrictions that prevent users from editing protected areas of the document or template.
Creating a Basic Form in OneNote
We are creating a form in OneNote, and want to add Content Controls to provide a UI that is optimized for user input.
- Put the cursor in page to ready insert content control.
- Click ""Cooperation" tab -> "Controls" group -> "Date Picker" Control.
- In "Gem Control Properties" window, input "Title" value ( Like "Date Picker" )
- Click "OK" button, Gem will insert [Date Picker] control into OneNote page.
After Gem insert [Date Picker] content control, a user just simple click on the [Date Picker], a Date Picker dialog will pop up to help the user to choose a date.
- Put the cursor in OneNote page
- Click "Cooperation" tab -> "Controls" group -> "Combo Box" Control.
- In "Gem Control Properties" window, input:
* Title value will insert into page as display text, example: Choose Status.
* Caption, prompt inside combo box window.
- Items, Click … button to edit the items in Items Editor, a line as an item. Example:
- Click "OK" button to insert Combo box control into OneNote page.
You can see the [Choose Status] after Gem insert comb box control into OneNote page.
A user just simple click on the [Choose Status], it will pop up a choice window to help to choose an item.
Follow is a form with content controls.
- [Date Picker]，Select a date from date picker for Date: value.
- [Choose Status]，Marital Status combo box, user can choose a item among the "Single", "Married", "Civil union", "Divorced", "Widow"。
- [Choose]，Combo box for "Do you have children?", user can choose Yes or No.
Send this form to a user, user can easy to fill in it.
Follow is an example after fill in.
Insert GemControls.exe with Form, Help Respondents Fill Out Form without Gem Installed
How do Respondents Use Content Controls to Fill Out OneNote Forms without Gem Installed?
[2018.2.20] Release Gem for OneNote v44 to support insert GemControls.exe.