But, OneNote 2016, 2013, 2010 cannot add this Cloud Attachment feature.
Detailed OneNote generates Cloud Attachments, Follow links:
- How to Insert Cloud Attachment in OneNote for Windows 10 (UWP)
- How to Insert Cloud Attachment in OneNote for Mac
Is it possible to apply similar features in OneNote 2016, 2013, 2010?
Gem for OneNote offers similar functionality early on – Variable link.
OneNote's cloud attachments are stored in OneDrive's OneNote Uploads folder.
In order for OneNote 2016, 2013, 2010 to create and open cloud attachment for editing, you are required to synchronize the OneNote Upload folders with the OneDrive.exe client at first to this computer.
Follow steps to create a %ONEDRIVE% variable link:
- Click “Gem for OneNote” -> “Link” tab -> “Hyperlink” group -> “Related Link” feature.
- In “Create Relative Local Link” window, click left bottom combo box, choose option: Create variable link
- Another combo box will appear on the right, choose option: %ONEDRIVE%
- Next, click Page icon.
- On the pop up “Open” window, choose a file in OneDrive’s “OneNote Uploads” folder.
- Then, click “Open” button. Return to “Create Relative Local Link” window, A complete variable link will be obtained in the Link input box:
%ONEDRIVE%\OneNote Uploads\fitness progress chart for women (metric).xlsx
- Finally, click “OK” button in “Create Relative Local Link” window. It create a %ONEDRIVE% variable link.
After you create a %ONEDRIVE% variable link for file of OneDrive's OneNote upload folder, click the link directly with the mouse to open the file for editing directly using the software on this computer.
This is a way allows you to create a OneNote Cloud Attachment link in OneNote 2016, 2013, and 2010.