In this example, we will use follow software.
Send Excel Row as a Table to OneNote
- Install "Row to OneNote" add-ins, This add-ins include "Row to OneNote for Excel".
- Install "Gem for OneNote" add-ins.
- Run OneNote
- Run Outlook
- Run Excel, open a Payroll excel file like follow image.
- Select a row in Excel.
- Click "View" tab -> "OneNote Gem" group -> "Row to OneNote" button.
- It will pop up a "Excel Header Row" window to help you to specify the header row.
After click "OK" in "Excel Header Row" window. Add-In will convert Excel row as a table and save to a new OneNote page.
- Select this table.
- Click the second "Gem" tab in hidden "Table Tools"
- Click "Convert Table to Text" feature in "Converts" group.
- This feature will pop up a "Convert Table to Text" window. In this window, choose "Other" option.
- Input "=" as delimiter to input box.
After Click "OK" in "Convert Table to Text" window, it will convert table to text and separate with "=".
These fields fit for Gem Outlook Custom Field format.
Gem Outlook Custom Field format is:
Field Name = Field Value
We will use these fields later.
- Select all these fields and press "Ctrl + C" to copy them to clipboard.
- Click Gem "Cooperation" tab -> "Outlook" group -> "Field" menu -> "Go to Custom Fields Folder" menu item.
Gem open windows explorer and navigate to "GemOutlookCustomFields.txt" file.
- Double click on "GemOutlookCustomFields.txt" file to edit it.
- In NotePad, press "Ctrl + V" to paste fields from clipboard.
- Next, press "Ctrl + S" to save the "GemOutlookCustomFields.txt" file.
Now, go back to OneNote create an Outlook Mail Template page.
The template page embed the field names using "<< >>".
Click "Outlook" group -> "New" ( New Outlook Email ) feature to create a Outlook email and merge with Gem fields.
After click "New" ( New Outlook Email ) feature, Gem will pop up an Outlook email window, and convert OneNote page to Outlook email message, and replace the fields (enclosed by "<< >>") to their values.
Now, we can got a merge Outlook message.
If you can write a VBA to dynamic to replace "GemOutlookCustomFields.txt" fields, you can easy to create merge emails for multiple people.
Gem for OneNote v31 add: Recognize new custom field "Email".
Gem will add this field to "To:" box.