We can using keyboard shortcut to quickly switch between typing mode and drawing mode.
Follow is Keyboard Shortcut for drawing:
- Type Mode: Alt + D + T
- Lasso Select: Alt + D + L
- Panning Hand: Alt + D + H
- Eraser : Alt + D + E
- Draw Tools: Alt + D + P
- Color & Thickness: Alt + D + C
- Shapes: Alt + D + S
Using QAT ( Customize Quick Access Toolbar )
If you use a pen to drawing in OneNote, to quickly switch between typing mode and drawing mode, you can add the drawing commands to QAT, then you can touch the commands quickly to switch.
Add Drawing Commands:
- For mouse, Right click on the "Type" command, it will pop up a menu.
- For tablet / touch screen, "Tag-and-Hold" on "Type" command until pop up a menu.
QAT keyboard shortcuts are "Alt + Number":
- Alt + 1
- Alt + 2
- Alt + 3