You can recovery your important notes when OneNote for Windows 10 lost notes (missing notes, missing partitions, unable to log on, etc.).
Because OneNote for Windows 10 belongs to UWP software.
If you use Edge long time, and you will find that this kind of software is more fragile, often stuck to death, interface function suddenly lost.
OneNote will appear on an interface that is stuck, cannot be synchronized after using a VPN.
In many cases, these notes are lost when new notes are not synchronized.
OneNote for Windows 10 also does not provide any mechanism to retrieve the notes after the notes lost.
In this way, it will make our hard-written new notes lost, it is very heartache.
Gem Menu Auto Backup Mechanism for OneNote UWP
How to open Gem’s auto backup feature:
- In Gem Menu for OneNote UWP, click “Gem” menu -> “Options” menu item.
- In pop up options window, click “General” tab -> “Backup and Recovery” -> check the “Automatic backup for recovery.”.
When OneNote lost pages, sections, (if the missing content is important, there is no way to restore), you can use this feature to retrieve these important notes:
- At first, quit OneNote for Windows 10.
- Then, disconnect from internet.
- Then, open the options window in Gem Menu.
- In “General” tab -> “Backup and Recovery” group, click “Backups” button.
- In the “Backup and Recovery” window, you can find 2 backup button. They are Today & Yesterday backups.
- You can choose a backup to restore: Just simple click on a backup button to restore.
- Finally, open OneNote, you will find the date restored.