What is Content Controls?
Content controls provide a way to design documents and templates that have these features:
- A user interface (UI) that has controlled input like a form.
- Restrictions that prevent users from editing protected areas of the document or template.
Creating a Basic Form in OneNote
We are creating a form in OneNote, and want to add Content Controls to provide a UI that is optimized for user input.
- Put the cursor in page to ready insert content control.
- Click ""Cooperation" tab -> "Controls" group -> "Date Picker" Control.
- In "Gem Control Properties" window, input "Title" value ( Like "Date Picker" )
- Click "OK" button, Gem will insert [Date Picker] control into OneNote page.
After Gem insert [Date Picker] content control, a user just simple click on the [Date Picker], a Date Picker dialog will pop up to help the user to choose a date.
- Put the cursor in OneNote page
- Click "Cooperation" tab -> "Controls" group -> "Combo Box" Control.
- In "Gem Control Properties" window, input:
* Title value will insert into page as display text, example: Choose Status.
* Caption, prompt inside combo box window.
- Items, Click … button to edit the items in Items Editor, a line as an item. Example:
- Click "OK" button to insert Combo box control into OneNote page.
You can see the [Choose Status] after Gem insert comb box control into OneNote page.
A user just simple click on the [Choose Status], it will pop up a choice window to help to choose an item.
Follow is a form with content controls.
- [Date Picker]，Select a date from date picker for Date: value.
- [Choose Status]，Marital Status combo box, user can choose a item among the "Single", "Married", "Civil union", "Divorced", "Widow"。
- [Choose]，Combo box for "Do you have children?", user can choose Yes or No.
Send this form to a user, user can easy to fill in it.
Follow is an example after fill in.